The parade route is as follows: From Congress Street at Shetland Park, the parade will take a left onto Derby Street, a right onto Central Street, a left onto Front St., a right onto Washington Street, a right onto the Essex Street Pedestrian Mall, a left onto Washington Square and into the Salem Common.
A parking ban will be in effect on 10/2/14 on the following streets between 5pm and 9pm. Any vehicle parked in these areas will be towed.
- • Congress Street both sides from Derby Street to Harbor Street.
- • Essex Street from Washington Street to Hawthorne Blvd.
- • Central Street both sides from Charter Street to Derby Street.
- • Derby Street both sides from Congress Street to Lafayette Street.
- • Front Street both sides from Washington Street to Lafayette Street.
- • Washington Square both sides from Essex Street to Brown Street.
- • Parking meter spaces at the intersection of Charter Street, Front Street, and Central Street.
- • Washington Street between Essex Street and Front Street, metered spaces.
The following roads will be closed on 10/2/13 from 6pm until approximately 9:30pm.
- • Congress Street will be closed from Harbor Street to Derby Street.
- • Derby Street will be closed from Congress Street to Central Street.
- • Commuters will not be able to use Route 1A between Dodge St. and Brown Street which includes Derby Street, Hawthorne Boulevard and Washington Square at the Common entrance.
- • Front Street and Washington Street between New Derby Street and Church Street.
- • Essex Street will be closed at Washington Street.
Beginning at 3:00 p.m. participating museums and attractions will open free of charge to Salem residents. Residents must provide a photo identification showing proof of Salem residency to gain free admission. Students may use a school identification card, bus pass, or a Salem Public Library card. As part of Mayor's Night Out the Museum Place Mall Garage and the South Harbor Garage will offer free parking to Salem residents after 4:00 p.m. (proof of residency will be required when you exit the garages).