- Mobiles did not exist before Calder
- 40 pieces of art that are transformative
- Enjoy the shadows
- Getting "you" the visitor to slow down is our goal
- Sculpture in the past (before Calder) think -- David, by Michelangelo, Lincoln by Flannery, and Bronco Buster by Remington -- all three-dimensional figures attached to the "ground" as it were
- Now because of Calder we get "statues" that move, change, and recreate themselves with a breeze
- Influenced by Mondrian
- Calder's first time in New England in over 50 years
- The only East Coast venue for this traveling show is right here in Salem, MA.
|Alexander Calder, "Little Face", 1962, Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Gift of the Joseph B and Ann S. Koepfli Trust in honor of the museum's 40th anniversary @ Calder Foundation, New York/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York.|
I hope to see you here, or there.