If you go www.servicedogproject.org you can see this year's calendar. It will let you get an idea of what kind of photos featured so well in their 2014 calendar. I cannot wait to see the one for 2015.
You can also find out more about Service Dog Project by visiting that same website, but here is what we learned:
* Great Danes are used to provide stability to mobility patients such as those with MS, as well as to disabled veterans.
* These dogs all weigh about 120 to 170 pounds, which is important in providing stability to adults.
* This organization is located in Ipswich, Massachusetts, and is open for visits -- check out their website for the details -- and also has webcams so you can see the puppies playing, sleeping or doing whatever else puppies do, right there at the farm.
* Great Danes are definitely traffic stoppers -- we had guests and staff stopping by the photo shoot to say "hi" and pet the dogs, who were so well-behaved and willing to be greeted.
* My photos are not nearly as good as those being shot by their professional photographer, William Huber. We cannot wait to see his finished product in next year's calendar!
|Two guests who were in for lunch in the Tavern, stopped by the Ballroom to say "hi" and fell in love.|
|Special thanks to my husband, Walter Lederhaus, who brought a few of his ties for the dogs to wear in this shoot -- and did so on the spur of the moment when their stylist couldn't make it here.|
|What good dogs!|
And of course, I hope to see you here.