It occurred to me today that we have many Christmas and holiday traditions right here at the Hawthorne Hotel, and since this blog functions as a kind of historical record for us, I thought it might be good to list our traditions here, along with some photos for you as well.
1. Window boxes and wreaths filled with twinkling lights all around the outside of the building.
2. The lobby filled with poinsettias, including the live poinsettia tree which is made up of 100 plants in a special form, and which provides the backdrop for hundreds of photos each season.
3. Santa's arrival in Salem from the roof of the Hawthorne Hotel.
4. The Teddy Bear Tea -- for Toys for Tots.
5. Our own in-house party for the staff members' children, complete with Santa.
6. Brunch with Santa -- a huge affair which grows bigger every year.
7. Caroling with Julie Doherty in the Grand Ballroom -- free and open to the public on Christmas Eve every year since 1984.
8. Christmas Eve Dinner in Nathaniel's
9. Christmas Day Grand Buffet in the entire ground floor of the Hawthorne Hotel.
So, I hope you enjoy seeing all of our Christmas traditions, and now, we would love to hear from you about yours!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays from the TEAM of the Hawthorne Hotel.