Saturday, October 20, 2012
Guest Newsletter for Saturday, October 20
Here is the Hawthorne Guest Messenger for Saturday, October 20.
• Today is Salem Common Family Fun Day on the Salem Common, located directly across the street
from the Hawthorne Hotel, from 11:00am to 5:00pm. This fun event for the whole family will feature interactive inflatables, games, entertainers and more!
• Did you know about the Haunted Happenings Carnival? For the rest of October, Salem will be host to Fiesta Shows’Seasonal Carnival on Derby Street, across the street from The Salem Wax Museum. Step right up while visiting Salem and act your age somewhere else! Games, rides and all the fun rolled up in one! The Carnival is open from noon until 10pm on Saturday and Sunday.
• At 6:30pm on the Salem Common right outside the Hotel, Radio 92.9 will be hosting a Movie Night on the Common. Come on down to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory under the stars. This event is free!
What’s Happening in Salem and the North Shore Today
• From 3pm to 8pm today, The Nightmare Gallery on Derby Street will transform from the top Monster Museum in New England to Salem’s terrifying #1 Haunted House! Stop by before 3pm to see this awesome homage to vintage horror films and monsters everywhere, or go after dark for the scary shocks!
• Tonight at 8:00pm in the Hawthorne Hotel Library is Spectral Evidence, a special event that is part of Salem’s Festival of the Dead. Journey into the unknown with ghost hunter, author, and radio personality Ron Kolek and his team of experts as you learn to be a paranormal investigator like the ones on TV!
I hope to see you here,