Thursday, November 26, 2009
Things I Am Thankful For
Today as many gather with friends and family to give thanks, we find ourselves working, as we do every year, to help many of those people have a place to gather together. As we get ready for the 'big day' I thought I would take a moment to list a few of the things that we have to be thankful for.
1. Our STAFF of the Hawthorne Hotel. We are extended family to one another, and together we function as a great TEAM. Thanks to each and every one of you who make up the heart and soul of the Hawthorne Hotel.
2. Our GUESTS. Obviously without you to serve, we would not exist. Thank you for your loyalty, your patronage, your kindness, your appreciation of what we do. Whether you have been here once, or come often, we really appreciate you. Our guests are the BEST!
3. Our FAMILIES. Without the support of our loving families, who understand why we must be away from them on these special days, we could not do what we do. We love you, every one.
4. Our COMMUNITY. Salem is blessed to have a very strong sense of community pride. The Hawthorne Hotel is an integral part of the community, and we would not be what we are without the support of our community. Thank you so much.
5. Our HISTORY. We are not only a business, but a part of history. We value our place in the fabric of time, and as part of the bigger whole.
Thank you so much for reading this, and for joining with me in thanking those people, whether here or elsewhere, who are working today.